Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What I've Been Up To...




So though I'm very excited to see this over Christmas Break, this is what I"ve been up to:


Directed Les Miserables at the school. They (the students) did great and we sold out (1315 seats) on Monday night- which was a fun way to close. It was great that my parents and inlaws (and lots of other people) came. What makes me laugh is that I've gotten letters from offended patrons for the following shows: Ten Little Indians (brandy drinking), Anything Goes (costumes and language), My Music, Dance, Theatre revues, Once Upon a Mattress (pregnant out of wedlock), and others--but nothing on Les Miserables.


What I've been watching (TV): Amazing Race, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Top Chef, Modern Family, The Good Wife, Glee, The Office, 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation.


What I've been watching (movies): Dollhouse (Season 1), Food Inc. (interesting to watch after Thanksgiving dinner...), Wallace & Gromit (Loaf and Death- great), Lost in Austen (never-ending), Little Dorrit (great!), The Taking of Pellam 123 (OK...) and other sad documentaries.


In the meantime, I'm taking students to: Children of Eden (at BYU), A Christmas Story (at PTC) and I just bought tickets to the tour of Avenue Q- nothing says Merry Christmas like full frontal puppet nudity.


1 comment:

Brei said...

It's nice to get someone else's opinion on these shows...you know, someone who doesn't take them too seriously. :) Hey, we could use your new address-that is, if you want a Christmas card!