Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas everyone. In memory of Christmas 2009, on Dec. 23rd, after watching 2 episodes of Leverage (new episodes start this Jan. 15th), and falling asleep during Dollhouse, Jackie announced she was going to bed. A few seconds later, she screams "Clin! Get up here now!" I go upstairs to find that Ellis is completely naked and has peed all over herself, the bed, blankets and pillow in her room (we're not sure on the sequence of events).

I had hidden some presents (gourmet popcorn to be placed out Christmas Eve morning on the sofa for the girls to discover, and Christmas Eve pajamas for all) in the laundry room for the night and told Jackie not to go in there. While I was bathing a screaming Ellis at midnight, Jackie comes into the bathroom and says "I went into the laundry room. I only saw some stuff." She then proceeded to go into Ellis's room, change the sheets while swearing and saying "I'm taking all of Christmas presents back. We overspent. I hate this mattress. I hate this bed. We don't need Christmas gifts! ARGH!!" (direct quotes). With Ellis's screaming waking up Millie, she stumbles into the bathroom, puts her hand on my shoulder and says "I love you Dad. It smells like pee."

After getting Ellis to smell like gingerbread, we put her back to bed- but unfortunately her blanket- THE blanket (the only one she HAS TO HAVE to sleep) is urine-soaked and in the washing machine (with the gourmet popcorn on top). She has to settle for another blanket which causes her to scream for an hour. During the screaming, Millie periodically yells from her room, "I can't sleep with Ellis screaming". Jackie periodically yells to Millie "Be quiet!" and I yell, "I'm calling Santa if you don't fall asleep RIGHT NOW."

So Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

2 comments:

Jacks said...

It's true. It's all true. Sad. And true.

Bradley Moss said...

Ah, the adventures at the Eatons. I love them.