Sunday, November 15, 2009

Plans for the Week


So...

Do you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry men?

Do you know any lovely ladies? Master of the homes? Comforters? Philosophers? Cunning little brains? Regular Voltaires?

Have you dreamed any dreams of days gone by?

If so, come this Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Monday to Riverton High School's production of Les Miserables: School Edition (7:00pm). Fear not- school edition just means it's been trimmed from 3 hours to 2 hours and 40 minutes. All the good stuff is still there (Lovely Ladies, Master of the House, lots of tenors singing in falsetto, Fantine still croaks...). If I do say so myself, the (huge) cast does a great job, the orchestra is coming along (it's always touch and go with violins and horns) and my student technicians sat outside in a snow storm on Saturday to await an overnight delivery of a spotlight lamp that had exploded the previous day- that's dedication.

Tickets are $7 for students and seniors and $8 for adults (college age and above). That works out to about $.05-$.07 a minute! If you don't like musicals, come for the REALLY good cookies we're selling at intermission. We do use haze, fog and gunshots- so bring the babies and infirm. It'll be a fun night!

3 comments:

Amy Mak said...

Oh I so want to there!!! Andrea is very excited and bragged about it last night. good luck with the horns and strings...I can only imagine. What a superstar you are. And I imagine you are more like Will. Not Sue.

merebuff said...

Sounds like it will be a great show. I'll catch it when you guys go on tour!

Tara said...

Great show, Clin! Seriously one of the best high school productions I've seen, and one of the more entertaining musicals I've seen in a while.
Considering my last musical viewing was at the Draper Historic Theater that might not sound like quite the compliment, but I really do mean it. Loved the show. That Jean Valjean (sp?) was freakishly good for a high school student.