Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Break Films 2009


These are the films I saw over Christmas Break 2009:

The Princess & the Frog- It made me happy. The songs were great, it had fun Disney characters and it was funny. A

Up in the Air- Great script, great performances from all the actors- something affecting about using real people talking to the camera about losing their jobs. A film that sums up the feelings of 2009. A

Avatar- Glad I saw it in 3-D. Amazing visuals- to bad the plot couldn't have been something new and unique. Some of the dialogue wasn't to great either... B-

Sherlock Holmes- Really fun (although somethimes more style over substance)- but I really liked Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr. It was also fun seeing one of the best actors in BBC's Little Dorritt as the police inspector. B+

Paranormal Activity- I like films made for $15000 that are still effective. It made me pull my blanket up a little- and Jackie refused to be in the same room with it. B

Inglorius Basterds- I can't stop thinking about the first 20 minutes- and the guy that played the Nazi Hunter deserves the Best Supporting Actor Oscar. Brad Pitt was fun in it as well. It's nice to see that Quentin can restrain himself. I even got Jackie to watch it. B+

A thank you to babysitters and family members that made this list possible. We could not have seen these without you. Now that it's 2010, it's back to bed at 10:00pm sharp.

No comments: