Tuesday, January 26, 2010

(33) Years of Jackie


33 Reasons why Everyone (esp. me) loves Jackie:

1. She first caught my eye dressed in full makeup as a porcupine.

2. Her face cannot tell a lie.

3. She doesn't realize how funny she actually is- which makes her even funnier.

4. She can win my students hearts by singing on a bus the complete lyrics to Ice Ice Baby.

5. She is now queen of couponing. Bordering on obsessive. She'll get me deodorant for $.30- and her big birthday gift was a Sunday subscription to 2 papers for more coupons.

6. She'll Wii sword fight with Millie.

7. She tells our daughters that their beautiful AND smart.

8. For the most part, we like the same shows on tv.

9. I introduced her to the joys of shrimp cocktail on our honeymoon- and she's liked it ever since.

10. She was not scared off when she first met my family in Nov. of 1999- she even sat by Nate in the car as he sang Shake your Bon Bon by Ricky Martin a hundred times in a row.

11. She liked to read.

12. She's not just an eternal companion- she's an eternal chaperone.

13. She's a great performer- she doesn't do it often- like Hailey's Comet, you have to catch it quick.

14. She introduced me to the world of NPR.

15. She plays the piano.

16. She used to hate to cook. Now she still hates it, but she can make gourmet recipes.

17. She doesn't like to drink milk- which leaves more for me.

18. She addicted to Diet Coke/Pepsi/whatever she has a coupon for.

19. She'll come and coach my MDT students- and they'll listen to her over me.

20. She's obsessed with lawn maintenance.

21. She's obsessed with recycling.

22. She's obsessed with not owning animals. I tried to get her to read All Creatures Great and Small. Didn't work.

23. She gets car/bus/air sick really easily. (There was vomiting on our honeymoon. and on a school bus trip to Cedar City).

24. While not crazy about cake, she does enjoy other desserts.

25. Periodically her jaw will dislocate in her sleep.

26. She looks good with blond, brown, long or short hair.

27. Some days she wants to be a large African American woman with a voice to match.

28. She still owns clothes from high school.

29. She can get along/talk to ANYONE. Unless their kind of famous. Then she won't speak.

30. She loves me and Millie and Ellis- even after one of us wets their pants on the carpet (not saying who...)

31. She'll be the first to admit that some days just need Cafe Rio.

32. She's multi-talented, beautiful and smart.

33. Here's to many more birthdays- because, as she has cross-stitched on a pillow- I have to die first.

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Jacks said...

Really? Did you really get up earlier than your alarm just so that you could have time to post such an awesome post? THANK YOU! Although some of these things, I don't know that you love so much (lawn maintenance, aversion to animals, and my amazing cross-stitching skills), but you are beyond. Just beyond. And I love you.

P.S. - you lie, I look wretched as a blonde. And I have the pictorial proof.

Emmy said...

Happy Birthday Jackie!!
There are so many things to love about you!
I didn't know you were a coupon queen! I need tips!

GrannyLanny said...

Happy Birthday, Jackie. I love that she lets me paint her daughters' fingernails and toenails all sorts of garish colors, and doesn't say a word, although I know she doesn't like it. We're lucky to have her as an Eaton.

MamaBug said...

Hey! Glad I found you. :D

Happy Birthday, Jackie! I loved reading the all about you list.