Saturday, April 4, 2009

Things I Am...

LIKING:
  • Rubio's Fish Tacos. When I eat them I can ignore the snow on the ground and pretend I'm at the beach.
  • The fact that the Count is divorcing the Countess (RHWNYC). Maybe it'll take her down a peg or two. Doubtful.
  • Beyond Glaze's Chocolate Peanut Butter doughnuts.
  • The fact that Netflix delivered 3 brand new releases on Tuesday.
  • This season of Lost.
  • The new Fablehaven book.
  • The last song of Act 1 in the Shrek musical. I also like the song Let Your Freak Flag Wave.
  • Planning our Spring Break Disneyland trip. It's going to be crazy- but anything is possible when Jackie doesn't have a broken elbow.
  • Webelos. It's not as scary as I thought. When they get crazy, you just take them into the cultural hall and have them run laps. You can tell them it's for their Athletic badge.
  • My choreographers for my Back to the 80's musical. Janessa, Brooke and Kori rock. I am behind on blocking though.
  • Jackie being in All Shook Up. Today is her final performance- she'll miss it because she rocked the socks off the role of Matilda (to quote Neal the director, Jackie is Matilda. My little Mamie Eisenhower).
  • The fact that we have all of Leverage, Burn Notice and the final season of Battlestar Gallatica ready for viewing on our DVR.
  • Kevin as the new receptionist on The Office- and the fact that all these actors from The Wire are showing up on tons of shows (including The Office).
  • Miranda Sings. Badly. And it's hilarious.
  • That we had almost everyone from Region Drama qualify for State. The most ever!

DISLIKING

  • Ellis's obsession with Dan Zane's Jump Up song. We try others (the soundtrack to Annie), but it cannot replace Dan in her mind.
  • All the stupid quizzes on Facebook. I know how to hide them, but they're still a pain.
  • Our laundry room cabinet door handles. They take about 40 min. (10 swear words in Jackie-Time) each to put on. 1 more to go.
  • PMS (not mine...)
  • The fact that the father and son got kicked off The Amazing Race.
  • Spackling.
  • Peeps.
  • Jackie hiding everything into nooks and crannies because we are putting our house up for sale.
  • The fact that I can't buy episodes of Charlie and Lola to put on the Ipod for the plane flight to California.

3 comments:

Jacks said...

1. Mmm, Rubio's.
2. I'm sad for the Countess. Really.
3. I wouldn't know about the chocolate peanut butter doughnuts, because you keep eating them before I can try.
4. Yeah for Disneyland! Yeah for healthy elbows!
5. I love your choreographers too. Seriously.
6. Oooo - All Shook Up... My heart is in my stomach. I will never get to play such a fun character. I miss you Matilda...
7. Yeah DVR.
8. Kevin's the receptionist? I haven't had time to catch up.
9. I LOVE Jump Up. I can listen a million times.
10. I agree on the quizzes, but I don't know how to hide them...
11. Thank you for putting up the handles and spackling. Serious love!
12. I LOVE PMS.
13. I LOVE peeps.

Sherry Carpet said...

ditto on the rubios and peeps.

and excuse me, but are you EVER going to tell us that you're coming to LA, or do you just plan to let me cry it out when i read later that you have come and gone again? jacks? anyone?

Jacks said...

I am an awful friend! I completely forgot that you were in LA and Disneyland is in that area as well. We are coming. But we will not have a vehicle. We are traveling via airplane, Disneybus, and stroller. I don't know that that portends to easy visiting....and I have no idea your proximity. Don't cry. I just don't have a handle on where we're going or what we are doing.