Sunday, April 26, 2009

Eaton Spring Break 09 Day #4

So Saturday morning was a late start because we were going to California Adventure and they didn't open until 10:00am. I got up early, ran to McDonald's and gave them a healthy McDonald's breakfast instead of our usual Pop-Tarts. Our bodies fortified with Hash Browns, we were off.
Jackie and the girls got in line at California Adventure around 9:15am while I ran over to Magic Kingdom to get a stroller for Millie so we wouldn't waste time in line at Cal. Ad.
When I got back, I found out they were letting us into the park! I told Jackie to run to Soarin with Millie while I run with Ellis to get FastPasses for Tower of Terror. Jackie and Millie took off while Ellis and I ran... and got stopped by a rope gate. The grounds open at 9:30am, but the only ride you can go on is Soarin'. Lame.
Jackie and Millie met up with us having successfully riding Soarin' so it was now off to Monster Inc. ride. With no wait in line, we rode (and it was really cool). The girls liked it so much, they rode a second time (Jackie thinks she rode with Kelly from Beverly Hills 90219 and her mohawked son) while I ran to get 3 FastPasses for Tower of Terror. Running back I passed Mr. Incredible and Goofy in a Hawaiian t-shirt.
We then headed for the Boardwalk and stood in our longest line of the day for Toy Story 4D- which was worth the wait. My score sucked- mainly because I was trying to keep Ellis from falling out and eating her 3-D glasses.
After that, Jackie and I both rode California Screamin using the single rider pass. We both got on and off quite quickly. Then it was off to the Disney Playhouse Live Show. While Jackie and the girls stood in line to watch a glorified puppet show with Handy Manny and Little Einsteins- I ran and got FastPasses for Grizzly River Run and then rode Tower of Terror twice.
After Disney Playhouse, we ate and then got in line to see Aladdin- the live show. Somehow we ended up with amazing seats- and the show was great- except at that point, Ellis lost all control and I had to leave the theatre with her with 10 minutes remaining. It was great though.
After that we went and looked at Flik's Fun Fair (didn't ride anything), the Little Bear playarea (which was kind of like a Disney Scout Camp- the girls loved it) while I bought a plastic poncho so I would not get drenched on Grizzly. After riding Grizzly by myself (with 6 fun strangers), Jackie rode it (using my poncho) and then we ran to Ariel's Grotto for Millie's special, really expensive dinner with the princesses.
Millie only had 2 melt-downs at the dinner and Ellis refused to sit still, but it was still fun. All of the princesses were really nice (Millie thought they were going to sit down and eat with us)- and the food was good. The best part was the poor actor to had to stand and sing and announce each princess as they entered. It's how and where I want to serve my Senior Mission.
After that it was all a blur of melt-downs and tired children- but it wasn't horrible and we would still do it again. We went on Tough to Be A Bug (we sat near the back in case the girls got scared but they were fine), Animation Studio (we wish we spent more time here- talking to Crush the Turtle was awesome and Millie loved The Beast's library) and Muppet's 3D. We had done most of the stuff so it was time to go home and crash- early this time. The next day (Easter Sunday) was our day of rest and we were going to use it.

No comments: