Sunday, September 20, 2009

Autumn

There's a nip in the air and the sun is setting earlier- it's the time of year I love the most:
Fall TV Season!!
I post the following without shame or embarrassment. The reason we have a DVR is so we can record everything we want and watch it when there is nothing on- or- watch it later so that a 60 minute show becomes 40 min. After having a DVR for a bit, it's weird actually watching TV somewhere where you have to watch commercials (Mom and Dad...). It's very 2001.
Here is the Eaton Family's 2009 Fall DVR schedule. A * means this is a brand new show (Not counting Word World, Charlie and Lola, and Yo Gabba Gabba for the girls. Those are all a given):
Sunday
60 Minutes (Jackie likes cranky Andy Rooney- and what's nice is they summarize all their stories before it even begins so you know if it's worth watching).
Mad Men- It's like the musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, but sad.
The Amazing Race- We love our Phil and his raised eyebrow.
Monday
How I Met Your Mother- we've watched it from the beginning, but it gets funnier and funnier. It's like Friends- but more random.
The Big Bang Theory- This show would be ok- except Jim Parson's portrayal of the scientist Sheldon takes it to genius level. He deserves the Emmy Award tonight.

The Rachel Zoe Project- A Bravo reality show that follows professional stylist Rachel Zoe around. It's kind of dysfunctional but entertaining.
Tuesday
*V- I remember watching this miniseries when I was little in Ohio. I'll give it a chance (plus it has the actress who plays Juliet on Lost in it so it can't be that bad).
*The Good Wife- Could turn into another court case of the week show, but it looks intriguing.
So You Think You Can Dance- Part of me likes this show in the summer because it gives some new television when everything else is re-runs, but Jackie and I are hooked on this show.
Wednesday
*Glee- So far my favorite new show of the year.
*Modern Family- So far critics have compared it to Arrested Development- which is pretty lofty, but it stars Jesse Tyler Fergeson (who Jackie and I like from the Broadway musical 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee) so we're game.

*Cougartown- This show is for Jackie. I'm not sure why.
Top Chef Las Vegas- Still amazing challenges with great food.
Thursday
This night puts the DVR into overdrive.
Real Housewives Atlanta- We love our NeNe.
Project Runway- We also love our Heidi.
*Flashforward- I hope it's like Lost and not like Heroes.
The Office- Can't miss tv.
Parks and Recreation- Already like it better than last year (with the episode about the gay penguins).
*Community- Joel McHale is great, but we already love the Indian guy who has pop culture Asperger's Syndrome. Plus Chevy Chase as a grouchy old man.
30 Rock- Kenneth is going to go on strike this season!
Fringe- We didn't watch Season 1 until the early summer- and we loved it. Each episode got better and better. JJ Abrams can do no wrong.
Friday
The Soup- We don't need to watch America's Next Top Model when Joel McHale does it for us.
Dollhouse- We're getting Season 1 on Netflix- then we'll watch this.
(We'll also watch Supernanny if we stumble across it).

Saturday is Netflix or catch up on shows (we still have the last season of Burn Notice and Leverage to catch up on!). You are all invited over for fall tv viewing parties. Just bring the chips and salsa (or pork rinds for Jackie).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's seems to be a distinct lack of House happening in your list...

Clin A. Eaton said...

I know. And I know we'd like it (we've never seen an episode), but I think we'll have to do a marathon DVD watching- and by the time we get caught up, this year's season will be on DVD. I'll save it for a treat at my retirement. But, for the record, I've liked Hugh Laurie ever since Black Adder and Jeeves and Wooster.

Jacks said...

Yeah...I'm just a little bit bored with cranky doctors. Hits too close to home. The doctor part, I mean...

merebuff said...

I miss Big Bang Theory and How I met Your Mother. I don't think I get it here. So glad that Mad Men has arrived, but not knowing much about the show I am not sure what season it is. But it is good.

Tara said...

Hello YES! Jim Parsons deserved the Emmy. BOO on Jon Cryer. Seriously.

And now I really wish I had a DVR. Wish...wish...wish...

Emmy said...

You're going to have a fun time when you come visit us!
2001 at Mom and Dad's....hmmmm....we're like pre-70's! Well, pre-70's with color!