Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Things I've Learned...

  The dashing Cecily Bills and Mark Knowles.  I share a dressing room with Mark.  I have stories...

So I'm playing Herr Zeller in The Sound of Music at Hale Center Theatre (T, Th, Sat. 4:00 and 7:30pm casts).  Here is what I have learned so far:
1.  If my Nazi uniform is period correct (and I believe it is), Nazi's were always grouchy and mean because a) their uniforms are SO UNCOMFORTABLE and b) you cannot sit down in them.  Or pee.
2.  It's fun to be in a musical where you never sing. I do dance, but there is no singing required.  Except for after the bows, but I make up my own words.
3.  When a theatre puts live fish in the pond, they will all be dead by the end of the week.  Except for one brave soul that's half dead, lying on its side flapping one little flipper (to heaven.  It was dead by The Lonely Goatherd).
4.  Our green room is very interested because you will find half dressed nuns (well, they're not wearing their headdresses) playing cards with Nazi officers- along with a kid or two wearing clothes made out of the nicest set of curtains you've ever seen.
5.  When you get a sun burn in NYC, a nice nun will let you borrow powder to tone down the red a bit.
Over all it's a great show!  Come see it (in July-  I think everything is gone for June).  Up next, blog posts from NYC 2012-  still tired but we had a lot of fun.  Save the date for 2014!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Clin you did great in the sound of music. You are so talented. Your cast was great me and my family were surprised how much talent was on one stage. Great job we really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see you in your next production.