Friday, December 3, 2010

I Swear...


I don't swear very often. Sometimes in school when I'm at my wits end (usually with someone in stage crew) or sometimes a well placed swear in rehearsal will get the attention of the cast (along with the throwing of a chair). But, I know for a fact, that, at least at my school, I do not swear as much as the athletic dept. coaches (and certainly not as much as our choral program. Our choir teacher is like a sailor*).

The point is, swearing doesn't really offend me, and though I don't do it often (Jackie wins that award in our house), when I do it, I like to make it count. Here are my preferred variations of swearing (usually when I'm alone in the car).

The following work with any profanity you can think of (although they are not always grammatically correct):

****apalooza

****nation jingle himer schmit

****me up and call me Shirley

****zacrackin

****zapoppin

****me and everyone I've met

What in the**** is going on

Crock ****ing Good

It's kind of like mad-libs, but if you're going to swear, be creative!



*she is not like a sailor. She's in the Morman Tabernacle Choir and I've yet to hear her swear. But it's funny imagining it. It's even more funny imagining our previous choir teacher Leanna Wilmore doing it as well.

5 comments:

Jacks said...

This post makes no sense. What made you think about swearing today?

Clin A. Eaton said...

The question is, when DON'T I think about swearing. Because I dropped something heavy on my toe in the drama room and was happy it was my prep period so no on was around to hear...

GrannyLanny said...

Just remember, you are living with two miniature human tape recorders.

Jacks said...

GrannyLanny - remember Clin has a habit of expanding upon the truth. He has a whole magical world in his head that actually never appears in reality. Like this post.

Garrett said...

Ah, swearing... I can recall a few times that Maestro Eatonnamore sweared at us stage crew kids. His swearing really just spices things up and creates a lovely memory for all those around to hear it.