Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Webelos


So I was recently called to be one of 3 Webelos leaders in our ward. I was a little nervous because it's been many a year since I've peed to put out a camp fire. So I went to my first meeting on Wednesday- where the other leader proceeded to teach a lesson on personal health and safety to 6 wiggly 10 year olds. It turned out to be fun- especially when we played Family Fued Drug and Alcohol Edition and had them name items that are not safe to huff (toxic fumes, etc). They were doing great naming things like paint, gas, etc... until the classic Scouting moment occured- someone farted. This proceeded to derail the game for about 7 minutes (and where myself and the other leader used it as a teaching moment to say that that particular fume was also unsafe to inhale). After the moment passed we also discovered that dirt, chalk, crayons, carbon dixoide and oxygen were also unsafe to huff. It made me remember back to my days in Sunday School where I snorted chalk dust off an eraser and killed a few brain cells (and gave myself a bloody nose). Good simpler times.

4 comments:

Ang said...

Promise me you will make sure none of those Webelos brings a dirty magazine to scout camp (Jason....what was his last name?). I think it's fair that you get that calling since you probably made your webelos leader crazy back in the day. Payback time!!

Jacks said...

Okay. That explains A LOT.

Amy Mak said...

Is this where Jackie's scout angst is coming from?

Clin A. Eaton said...

Jackie gets angst from breathing in and breathing out.