Wednesday, December 3, 2008

An Observation


Sometimes it will be around 8:00pm and I will realize that I need to go to the bathroom. Not only that, but I realize that I've needed to go since 10:00 in the morning. Starting in the morning, about every 45 minutes I say to myself, "Clin, you need to pee"- but then I go on my merry way photocopying Hairspray music or watching a scene from the play Polish Joke in Theatre 3. After the girls are asleep, I sit down to watch the final remaining episodes of Pushing Daisies or the hussies on Real Housewives of Orange County and find myself ready to wet my pants. Is the life of a high school drama teacher so busy that I cannot find time to urinate? It does make one pause.

8 comments:

Jacks said...

Yeah. I used to do that too. BEFORE KIDS!

And my I say - those are the prettiest, cleanest urinals ever.

Sherry Carpet said...

those are urinals?! almost makes me want to be a boy. but not really. even if i do have to haul it out of bed 6 times every night to pee.

Clin A. Eaton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clin A. Eaton said...

They are the urinals of the future.

Ang said...

Do you find yourself doing the pee pee dance? I think you are like a 3 year old that doesn't want to stop and go potty because you are having so much fun!

GrannyLanny said...

All I can say is you're lucky you got your dad's bladder capacity instead of mine, or you'd be running down the hall between every class.

Arianne said...

You need to write it in your planner. Every day. "Go to the bathroom" at 10 am. Then you'll get it done.

Emmy said...

You and Ben can have something to bond over at the wedding. Ben will be getting ready for bed and make a similar comment to me that he's needed to go all day.
I struggle to understand.