Sunday, July 13, 2008

Massage

Last night, Jackie and I went to get massages. We go to a massage school where you get an hour long massage for an inexpensive rate.

When my masseuse came and was walking me to the room, she asked what kind of massage I wanted. I told her I liked deep tissue and the last time I came, the masseuse did Russian and Swedish technique. I also told her that I had been playing the piano a lot this past week and she could work my lower back and upper gluts. She said that sounded fine.

I undressed to my comfort level (completely nekkid!!) and got under the sheet. The first part of the massage was uneventful- the usual face down, back, shoulder blades and neck. She then lowered the sheet pretty low (you would have seen my thong strap... if I had been wearing one) and started doing deep tissue (Swedish) on my lower back. While that felt great, I could tell she was a newer student and was a little nervous because I had asked to have my upper gluts done.

Soon the lower back was done, and after some fancy sheet wrapping to keep my modesty in check (as well as could be expected), my left bum cheek was ready. Now, I have had Russian deep tissue massage done before... but never like this. She proceeded to put both her hands on my cheek- and then rubbed them back and forth so quickly that, after a bit, you could have roasted a marshmallow over my scalding flesh. She then proceeded to whack and knead my buttock so hard it was as if she was preparing the dough for the morning rush at Cinnabon. After she asked me about the pressure- and being in pain, I could really only manage a thumbs up- she did more creative wrapping, and proceeded to give my right butt cheek the Indian Rug Burn of its life. Now I know that whenever my little sister was getting mad and giving us Indian Rug burns on our arms, she was just practicing her Russian massage technique.

Afterwards, my masseuse confessed that she hadn't taken the final yet on Russian so she was doing a variation of it on me (like a classical musician- Variations on the Left Butt Cheek by Mozart) and she asked me how I liked it. I replied honestly- I'd never felt anything quite like it.

2 comments:

GrannyLanny said...

I laughed out loud--you need to syndicate.

Emmy said...

So did I (laugh out loud). I miss hearing your stories in person. You have a gift for telling stories (and it's nice that they're not about me anymore!)