Monday, May 5, 2008

Disney Madness


So the past three months, my MDT (Music, Dance, Theatre) class has been working on a Disney-themed revue. While the songs are great, they are almost annoyingly catchy. This past week (a difficult and late-night technical week) both Jackie and I have literally woken up at 3:00am (me in a panic attack about some number) and Jackie because... well, because she's Jackie and that's how she rolls.
Here is a breakdown by the day:
Yesterday (Sunday, May 4): 9:00am- the girl's wake up, Jackie can't get "Bless my soul, Herc was on a roll" from Zero to Hero from Hercules. She sings it approximately 85 times until sacrament meeting- where it gets replaced by Go the Distance (which already sounds like an EFY song). I have I Wanna Be Like You from The Jungle Book. It causes me to temporarily forget what I am singing while I am conducting the congregation in Did you Think to Pray. (I Wanna Be and Did You Think to Pray would make an awesome medley!)
Saturday, May 3rd: 8:00m: Jackie has When She Loved Me (from Toy Story 2) and Proud of Your Boy (cut from Aladdin) on rotation (with periodic bursts of Hercules). She becomes angry with herself. I have A Whole New World (which leaves my mind when I go and get a massage that afternoon).
Friday, May 2nd: 3:00am: Jackie has Endless Night from the Broadway The Lion King. It's very inspirational to watch Jackie stand on the bed to be Rafeeki and hit me on the head with a stick while she sings. After hitting me on the head, I have Les Poisson's from The Little Mermaid running rampant. It makes me hungry for good sushi.

1 comment:

SHALLIE KAY said...

Hi! It sure is a small world after all!